Friday, February 1, 2008

Next column for the New Zealand College of Midwives Journal

Over the years I have written a column for the New Zealand College of Midwives Journal about the Internet. It is usually about websites that may be of interest to midwives. It is only about 1000 words, so is a very 'once over lightly' effort.

In the last edition I wrote about Skype, blogs, wikis and
Del.icio.us. I have been asked again by the editor, Joan Skinner, to write a column for the edition and am looking for ideas to write about. I will probably stay with the 'social networking' theme, maybe look more closely at blogs or explore the Google tools.

Do you have any ideas about what I could include in my column? If you are a midwife, what cool websites or tools have you come across lately?

Image: View from Rippon Winery, Wanaka, New Zealand.


5 comments:

Carolyn said...

I think perhaps explaining about RSS feeds would be a useful thing. Having the information come to you rather than having to go and search it out is just such a huge advantage and change. there is that good youtube video that explains about RSS and other resources you can point them to. I have been thinking about doing a posting on this for some time now. I think you and I have become so accustomed to this very quickly and already have forgotten what it was like before we had RSS. Can you believe we have only been doing this since September last year?

Carolyn said...

That was me by the way. Didn't realise the importance of having my name in the about me section of my blog.

Sarah Stewart said...

Good idea Carolyn

Sitting In Silence said...

Hi.
I found your blog link from Carolyns.

Sounds like a great paper,there are some wonderful blogs out there and exploring goggle tools sounds great.

Best of luck and let us know how you go.

Danielle(AU).

Sarah Stewart said...

Thank you very much for your encouragement, Danielle.