Saturday, November 10, 2012

My big fat bum!

I grew up hating my bottom. Right through to my adult years, I was forever hearing someone say (usually my mother!)..."you've got your Granny Gammon's bottom"...and it wasn't meant as a compliment. At the same time, I was told I had good childbearing hips...whatever that meant! At 16, you are more interested in whether you can get into a pair of skinny jeans...not that you can push out a 10 pound baby!

Needless to say, I  have had a complex about my bum all my life, especially as a young woman. And it hasn't got any better over the last few years as I have put on weight. I have always done my best to cover it up, and in my mind's eye, it has been as huge as a mountain! I never asked my hubby "does my bum look big in this?" because I always thought I knew what the answer would be - to be fair, my hubby has never said my bum looks big.

But now I have lost weight, I am down to the size I was when I was in my early 20s, and it's dawned on me that my bum wasn't fat at all. I spent all those years hating my bum, and having a poor image of myself, but really, my bum was a perfectly normal. Now, I regret those wasted years...instead of worrying about my bum, I should have been out and about enjoying it.......shaking my booty!


I am not going to hate my bottom any more. I'm going to embrace it and love it, and clothe it in tight (well...not too tight) jeans! OK...it's a lot saggier than it was 30 years ago...but I am going to make the most of it, because in another 20 years, I'll definitely have something to worry about!!

What part of your body do you love....and hate?


3 comments:

PaulineD said...

Stunning photo Sarah. I've never been fond of my nose. :-)

Sarah Stewart said...

Would you ever have surgery on it?

Leigh Blackall said...

well, the bigger the cushion the better the push'n...